- http://www.tate.org.uk/whats-on/tate-modern/display/tate-modern-displays/displays-introduction/level-2-poetry-and-dream “Poetry and Dreams” at the Tate Modern.
- Frieze Masters exhbition at Regent’s Park.
- The Turner Prize 2014 at Tate Britain.
- http://www.tate.org.uk/whats-on/tate-modern/exhibition/alibis-sigmar-polke-1963-2010 – Sigmar Polke exhibiton at the Tate Modern.
- Temples (band) live at The Forum, Kentish Town.
- http://www.southbankcentre.co.uk/whatson/mirrorcity-23-london-artists-86590 – Mirrorcity at the Hayward Gallery.
- http://bryanlewissaunders.org/drugs/ – Bryan Lewis (painter)
- http://www.neilkrug.com/ – Neil Krug (Photographer and photo manipulation)
- Die Antwoord (band) live at Brixton Academy.
- http://larrycarlson.com/ Larry Carlson (Photo manipulator)
- Mirrorcity exhibition at Southbank Gallery
- Sigmar Polke exhibition at Tate Modern
- Lizzie Fitch/Ryan Trecartin at Zabludowicz Collection
- Peter Doherty (musician) live at Brixton Jamm
- http://anishkapoor.com/ Anish Kapoor (Installation & Sculptor)
- http://bombmagazine.org/article/1805/kiki-smith Interview with Kiki Smith regarding Mary Magdelene
- http://www.improvisedlife.com/2013/09/09/grapefruit-yoko-onos-book-of-instructions/ Yoko Ono (Avant-Garde artist & filmmaker)
- http://www.tate.org.uk/learn/online-resources/glossary/c/cobra CoBrA & Karel Appel
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tetk_ayO1x4 Margaret Thatcher “No no no” speech
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQ-M0KEFm9I Margaret Thatcher “The Lady’s not for turning” speech
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Craftivism – Craftivism
- ‘Craftivism: The Art of Craft & Activism’ by Betsy Greer
- https://craftivist-collective.com/ – Craftivist Collective
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zf9ahnpDGqo – Sarah Corbett (founder of Craftivist Collective) Craftivism TedTalks
- https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2015/12/29/the-statue-of-a-wartime-sex-slave-outside-japans-embassy-in-south-korea-could-be-a-problem/ – news article on compensation finally given by Japanese government
- https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=seoul+sex+slave&espv=2&biw=1438&bih=681&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjeloagis3KAhUB2RQKHSgHA_UQ_AUIBygC#tbm=isch&q=seoul+sex+slave+statue – Images of the bronze statue in Seoul
- http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-17847134 – News article celebrates 35 years of Las Madres
- http://www.lourdesportillo.com/films/films_madres.php – official website
- https://vimeo.com/91970933 – clip from The Mothers of Plaza de Mayo
- Montefiore, Jan: Feminism & Poetry
- Greer, Betsy: Craftivism
- Tapper & Zucker: Craft Activism
- Crowfoot, Jane: The Ultimate Crochet Bible
- Flintoff, John-Paul: How to Change the World
- William Kentridge exhibition at The Marian Goodman Gallery
- Fiona Banner exhibition at Frith Street Gallery
- http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/travel_news/article-3000521/Handy-infographic-explains-hand-gestures-world.html – Hand gesture meaning across the world
Alexander, S. BBC (no date) Miss World: My protest at 1970 beauty pageant. Available at: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-26437815 (Accessed: 9 November 2016).
Arzaba, W.b. (2012) Mexico: Embroidering for peace · global voices. Available at: https://globalvoices.org/2012/08/01/mexico-embroidering-for-peace/ (Accessed: 9 November 2016).
Auther, E. (2009) String, felt, thread: The hierarchy of art and craft in American art. Minneapolis: University of Minnesota Press.
Barilleaux, R.P., Chave, A.C. and Barilleaux, R.P. (1996) Valerie Jaudon. United States: University Press of Mississippi.
Barnett, L. (2013) Tate modern’s women’s liberation army. Available at: https://www.theguardian.com/artanddesign/2013/jan/29/tate-modern-womens-liberation-army (Accessed: 9 November 2016).
Bates, L. (2014) Everyday Sexism. London, United Kingdom: Simon & Schuster.
BBC (2015) Japan and South Korea agree WW2 ‘comfort women’ deal. Available at: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-35188135 (Accessed: 14 January 2017).
Brooklyn Museum (no date) Brooklyn museum: Women’s work. Available at: https://www.brooklynmuseum.org/eascfa/dinner_party/womens_work/ (Accessed: 9 November 2016).
Cluckie, L. (2008) The rise and fall of art needlework: Its socio-economic and cultural aspects. London, United Kingdom: Arena Books.
Cochrane, K. (2010) Forty years of women’s liberation. Available at: https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2010/feb/26/forty-years-womens-liberation (Accessed: 9 November 2016).
DiGiovanni, C. (no date) ‘Sometimes the best Feminism, is no Feminism’. Available at: http://artwell.com/features/archives/c-8-02.shtml (Accessed: 9 November 2016).
Garfield, L. and Insider (2017) Thousands of women will wear pink ‘pussy hats’ the day after trump’s inauguration. Available at: http://uk.businessinsider.com/pussy-hats-womens-march-washington-trump-inauguration-2017-1?r=US&IR=T (Accessed: 23 January 2017).
Glaister, D. (2015) Britain’s craft boom produces new model artisan army. Available at: https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2015/apr/26/crafts-world-of-handmade-arts-is-booming (Accessed: 18 January 2017).
Greer, B. (ed.) (2014) Craftivism: The art of craft and activism. Vancouver, BC, Canada: Arsenal Pulp Press.
Guerrilla Girls (1989) Available at: http://www.guerrillagirls.com/projects/ (Accessed: 5 February 2017).
Guerrilla Girls (2012) Available at: http://www.guerrillagirls.com/projects/ (Accessed: 5 February 2017).
History (2017) Available at: http://www.finecellwork.co.uk/about_us/history (Accessed: 13 January 2017).
History of embroidery (2011) Available at: http://stitchedupbyphoenix.co.uk/a-history-of-embroidery/ (Accessed: 18 January 2017).
History.com (1996) Madres of the plaza de Mayo (women in world history curriculum). Available at: http://www.womeninworldhistory.com/contemporary-07.html (Accessed: 10 November 2016).
Jefferson, M. (1993) Books of the times; when embroidery was a lesson in femininity. Available at: http://www.nytimes.com/1993/11/03/books/books-of-the-times-when-embroidery-was-a-lesson-in-femininity.html (Accessed: 18 January 2017).
Jobson, C. (2016) Artist Olek covers a house in Finland with pink crochet. Available at: http://www.thisiscolossal.com/2016/09/artist-olek-covers-a-house-in-finland-with-pink-crochet/ (Accessed: 10 November 2016).
Lord, M.G. (1995) ART VIEW; Women’s Work Is (Sometimes) Done. Available at: http://www.nytimes.com/1995/02/19/arts/art-view-women-s-work-is-sometimes-done.html (Accessed: 19 January 2017).
Parker, R. (1996) The subversive stitch: Embroidery and the making of the feminine. London: The Women’s Press.
Rolison, K.E. and profile, V. my complete (2011) Craft and feminism. Available at: http://poesiegrenadine.blogspot.co.uk/2011/11/craft-and-feminism.html (Accessed: 9 November 2016).
Sister marches (no date) Available at: https://www.womensmarch.com/sisters (Accessed: 2 February 2017).
Sisterhood and After Research Team (no date) Available at: https://www.bl.uk/sisterhood/articles/activism-and-the-womens-liberation-movement (Accessed: 31 January 2017).
Schapiro, M., Meyer, M. (1977-78) ‘Waste Not Want Not: An Inquiry into What Women Saved and Assembled–FEMMAGE’, No Title, pp. 66-69. (Accessed: 9 November 2016).
Schwabsky, B. (1998) ART REVIEW; pattern and decoration, abstract and otherwise. Available at: http://www.nytimes.com/1998/05/03/nyregion/art-review-pattern-and-decoration-abstract-and-otherwise.html (Accessed: 9 November 2016).
Sisterhood and team, the (2014) Campaigns and protests of the women’s liberation movement. Available at: https://www.bl.uk/sisterhood/articles/campaigns-and-protests-of-the-womens-liberation-movement (Accessed: 9 November 2016).
Stead, J. (2006) The Greenham common peace camp and its legacy the Greenham common peace camp and its legacy. Available at: https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2006/sep/05/greenham5 (Accessed: 13 January 2017).
Timeline of the women’s liberation movement (2014) Available at: https://www.bl.uk/sisterhood/timeline (Accessed: 9 November 2016).
Womanhouse 1972 (1972) Available at: http://www.womanhouse.net/ (Accessed: 19 January 2017).
- Instagram user: hanecdote
- Instagram user: jessdewahls
- Instagram user: manlikesophia
- Book – Fibre Sculpture 1960s to Present
- John Berger – Hold Everything Dear
- Grayson Perry – Playing to the Gallery
- The Subversive Stitch – Roszika Parker
- The Consolations of Philosophy – Alain de Botton
- Everyday Sexism – Laura Bates
- String, Felt, Thread – Elissa Auther